Tuesday, December 30, 2008

December 30, 2008

I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas!


For Christmas, we did the usual Byrd Family Christmas routine for Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day.

Matt's family came to meet mine the day after Christmas! Everyone got a long great, and I couldn't have asked for a better weekend.


We got a TON of wedding planning accomplished in just TWO days! We booked our caterer and picked out a menu. We also booked a photographer and have begun to look through pictures to decide exactly what we want. We picked out beautiful tablecloths, overlays, and candlebras to decorate the fellowship hall. We decided on a cake baker, and picked out our wedding cake. I am very excited about my cake. Its absolutely gorgeous...and delicious!



We have made an appointment for engagment pictures, and to meet with my florist at the end of January. (we gave ourselves just enough time to lose the extra Christmas pounds before pictures). I am trying to decide on flowers. Any ideas? My colors are chocolate brown, tiffany blue, and cream. I really like roses and calla lillies. Just don't know how to put it together the right way.


I just ordered our save the date magnets, and am going to pick up my wedding dress tomorrow after work! Matt and I are on a roll! We are having so much fun! I haven't left "engagement land" since Matt proposed.


Mama and Daddy got me a heart rate monitor that measures how many calories you burn while you work out. I have determined I am not very good at being healthy. I was so proud of myself last night, because I burned 853 calories. THEN I turned around and ate gummy worms for dinner tonight! I refuse to be out of shape in my bathing suit in Jamaica (or wedding dress)...its not happening. My New Years Resolution is going to be to eat healthy until May! I am saying this while eating an Oreo, so we will see how long this resolution lasts!


I didn't take many pictures over Christmas. Mama took a bunch, so I will post those soon!



Matt gave me a camera for Christmas! I needed a new one badly! He took a few pics to test it out, and teach me how to use it.

Test picture # 1. I was very excited to take this picture. Can't you tell? ;)

Test picture # 2!

Our Christmas Tree

My future mother-in-law and I! She's the greatest!

These must have been Matt's favorite ornaments!




Of course we took a picture of my ring with the new camera, too! :)



I hope everyone has a Happy New Year!


1 comment:

  1. hey lady. welcome to the blog world!

    good luck with the working out. i started last week to use the post wedding weight. living/cooking with a boy makes you gain. ughh

    sounds like the wedding plans are coming along nicely! good luck with everything

    p.s. i have that same alabama ornament! :)

    ReplyDelete